- 2 oz. gin Fords works nicely here
- 3/4 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 oz. ginger syrup
- 2 oz. ginger ale I used Fever Tree
- 6 mint leaves
- 1 mint sprig
- 1 slice fresh lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and sliced
- Combine the sugar, water and ginger slices in a small saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- When the sugar is dissolved, turn off the heat and let the ginger infuse the syrup for 1/2 hour.
- Strain the syrup and put into a glass container. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
For the Ginger Rogers|Gin and ginger ale cocktail
- Combine the mint leaves and ginger syrup in the bottom of a glass.
- Using a muddler or a spoon, lightly crush the mint leaves to release their oils.
- Add the gin and lemon juice and stir.
- Add the ice.
- Add the ginger ale and stir.
- Garnish with lemon slices and a mint sprig if desired
Lovingly shared from: https://www.acommunaltable.com/ginger-rogers-gin-and-ginger-ale/